Reservation Terms & Conditions, Resort Rules & Policies
Welcome to Whistling Woodzs Resort website. This website is meant to provide as much information as possible about Whistling Woodzs Resort, Dandeli and allow bookings for guests. These terms and conditions are meant to provide clarity and may not be comprehensive. The logo of Whistling Woodzs Resort, Riverside Restaurant and Lure spa are registered trademarks of the company.
- “Company” “Resort” or “we” means Whistling Woodzs Resort, Dandeli, Karnataka.
- “Booking” means the booking for accommodation, events and/or any other services or items made with us through this website
- “Resort” means the premises at Whistling Woodzs for which your Booking is made.
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions.
- “Website” means www.whistlingwoodzs.com
Bookings Terms & Conditions
All Bookings at the Resort are subject to these Terms. These terms and conditions are meant to give a fair idea to the guests and are binding on all guests at all times during their stay at the resort.
- Booking at Whistling Woodzs can be made only through this website. We do not allow bookings from any other website and in spite of it, if anyone makes, it shall not be honoured.
- All prices are excluding of GST
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Advance full payment must be made by electronic transfer, credit card or cash. No reservation is valid without full payment in advance.
- In case guests arrive without advance payment, the Resort reserves the right to collect full payment upon check-in subject to availability of rooms.
- Check-in time is 01 pm and check-out time is 11.00 am
- Early check-in is subject to room availability and with due permission from the management.
- Late Check-in time is allowed on pre-arrangement with management.
- All prices are exclusive of GST
- Any change or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will be automatically reflected in the prices shown on the date of billing on the website of the Resort.
- Prices on the website do not include additional services and certain recreational activities for which guests need to pay extra at the resort.
- Promotional offers may be available for bookings from the website and not at the resort for offline
- Price lists for additional items, such as spa, laundry and pick up and drop, are on display at relevant locations within the Resort and are available on request.
Cancellation Charge to be levied in cases where the guest decides to cancel –
- Before 90 days from the date of arrival – Only a token advance amount shall be deducted and the balance shall be refunded
- Before 60 days from the date of arrival – 25% of the grand total + Token advance shall be deducted
- Between 30 days from the date of arrival- 50% of the grand total+ Token advance shall be deducted
- Less than 30 days from the date of arrival- 100% of the grand total shall be deducted and no refund is possible in these cases.
- In case of refund, bank transactions charges will be deducted over and above the cancellation charges.
- In case of credit card transactions, refund will be done only to the bank account of the respective card holder (after deducting the bank service charges).The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price of the reservation if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
- Amendment / cancellation NOT allowed between 21st Dec 2020 and 10th Jan (both dates included).
Resort Rules and Management policies
In Order to make your stay as pleasant as possible, the resort’s Management requests your co-operation in observing the following as an agreement between the guest and Whistling Woodzs Resort under which accommodations are permitted to be used by the guest(s):-
Check-in / Arrival
- Check-in time is 01.00 pm
- Visitors must present any one of the personal identification document – Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, Valid Driving License , Passport or Valid Service Identity Card with photograph for accommodation records upon request at the reception upon arrival.
- Units are subject to maximum occupancy rules set by the Resort.
Check out / Departure
Check out time is at 11.00 am; please inform the reception if you wish to retain your accommodation beyond this time. Extension will be given depending on the availability.
Early Check-in & Late Check-out
- We are pleased to accommodate early arrival, subject to availability. Please make your request as early as possible to ensure availability.
- On failure of the guest to vacate the unit on expiry or period the management shall have the right to vacate the guest and his/her belongings from the unit occupied by the Guest.
Settlement of Bills
- Bills must be settled upon check-in either by electronic transfer, cash or credit card, personal cheques are not accepted.
- All outstanding charges must be paid for in full on check-out from the Resort.
Changes or Cancellation by the Company
In the occasion that the Resort is necessitated to cancel your Booking due to Covid or govt. restrictions, natural disasters or events beyond our control, you will be given a full refund but we shall have no further liability to you arising out of such cancellation.
Should any guests lose personal belongings while staying at the Resort, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘found’. Resort keeps detailed records of all ‘found’ items, and will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the Resort’s guest unit after the guest has checked-out which will be placed in our Lost & Found store/safe box. We will ship items back at the owner’s expense upon request. Any items, which are not claimed within ninety (90) days, will be donated to a local charity or discarded.
Guest’s Valuables / Articles
The Resort’s Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest’s valuable/article unless valuable/article are declared upon arrival/check-in and only to be stored or keep in Resort’s safe box, which is located at the Manager’s Office. Guests will be issued with a receipt for any valuables/articles kept with the Resort. The Resort will take all necessary measure to safeguard the same but shall in no way be held responsible for reimbursement in case of natural disaster or events beyond our control.
Guests’ Belongings in units
Guests are particularly requested to lock the door of their units when going out or going to bed. The Resort’s Management, staff or any person authorized entry into the resort will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest’s belongings or any other property from either the Resort accommodation any other part of the Resort for any cause whatsoever including theft of pilferage.
Damage to Resort Property
- The guest will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the Resort property caused by themselves, their guests or any person for whom they are responsible.
- The guests shall reimburse the loss/damage to the resort’s property at the time of check out.
Leisure and water sports
- Guests staying at the Resort under the condition of using the facilities must comply with the facility’s rules including Children and Pet Policy. Charges may apply for use of some facilities like River Rafting, Videography, Photography, Jungle Safari, Camping, etc. Guests may please enquire at the Resort for further details.
- Guests are informed to maintain strict safety protocols at all times while venturing near the riverfront or while indulging in water sports and follow all guidelines at all times
- The Resort in no way shall be responsible for any untoward incident happening while on the property or at the river which does not explicitly show direct responsibility of the resort
- At certain times, facilities may become unavailable due to maintenance, adverse weather conditions or other reasons beyond our control. We will attempt to keep all Resort guests informed of these circumstances however this may not always be possible. If any facility is a significant reason for your choice of Resort, we would advise you to check directly with the Resort in advance of arrival.
- All children/ minors (a person under 18 years of age or other ages based on Resort policy) staying at the Resort must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Extra beds are available, however, these are limited and subject to availability. Additional charges may apply. Please check at the time of booking.
- The Resort has its own car park. Terms and conditions may also apply to car park use. Please contact the Resort directly for more information. Cars and their contents are left at the owner’s/customer’s own risk.
- The Resort does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents, either internal or external at any given time
Access to swimming pool
- Access to swimming pool subject to strict adherence to rules and regulations displayed at the pool site.
- The Resort and its staff, management or owners shall not be responsible for any untoward incident that may occur at the pool due to non adherence of the rules prominently displayed at the pool site.
Internet connectivity and power
Availability of uninterrupted electricity and internet and mobile connectivity is purely based on prevalent conditions. Harsh weather conditions can cause black out at the property with little control from management and Govt. Power agencies though we make all possible efforts to provide as much power back up as possible.
- No pets are allowed in the Resort premises.
- Guests may be denied permission for the pets even if there is a valid reservation with full payment.
- The Resort has its own pets and should a guest be concerned, please contact management and discuss.
- Guest are requested not to feed anything to resort pet.
Smoking and Alcohol Policy
Smoking and consumption of alcohol is prohibited in all the enclosed areas within the Resort without exception. This includes guest units, restaurants, reception, conference and meeting units, hallways, stairs, restrooms, lobby areas and all other enclosed facilities and areas.
Decency and behaviour
- All our guests are treated with utmost respect and politeness by all our staff members at all times and we refrain from interfering as much as possible. We expect the guests to reciprocate the same decency towards our staff while interacting with them.
- Guests are required to maintain decent behaviour while on the resort property, especially towards women.
- In case a guest is found to be misbehaving despite polite warnings, the management can request the guest to vacate the property. In extreme cases, the management shall be forced to take punitive action against misbehaving guests for the well being of other guests and the staff.
The Resort accepts no liability for failure or delay to perform obligations, which have become practicably impossible because of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Resort. Such circumstances include without limitation- flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disaster, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electrical power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers and internet facility, vehicles or any collapse of building structures, labour disputes or stoppage of work, war, government acts or orders, epidemics, pandemics or outbreak of communicable disease, quarantines, national or regional emergencies or any other cause, whether similar in kind to the foregoing or otherwise, beyond the Resort’s reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by any law, the Resort specifically excludes any and all liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the access to and use of, availability of or inability to access to and use of this website, or the information, products and services obtained through this website, the submission of any personal information, including, but not limited to, bank and credit card details, the performance or non-performance by the Resort, or any unauthorized access or breach of security into this website through the internet or otherwise arising, whether based on contract, strict liability, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise even if the Resort or its agents or employees have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The Resort will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, contractor or agents or otherwise). The Resort’s total liability shall not exceed the value of the charges received by it under the Contract.
- Nothing contained in the Contract or in any other document referred to or incorporated in it shall be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
Web Site Information
- While all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on the Websites, the Resort does not accept responsibility for errors or omissions and reserve the right to amend, cancel or vary any of the arrangements featured on the Websites without notice. Please note that in certain circumstances, generic photographic images have been used to represent the general style of a particular product or Resort.
- The content of the Websites is the copyright of the Company, and may not be copied, reproduced, published, distributed or amended for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
- Trademarks used on the Websites are the property of the respective owners. Hyperlinks to third party websites are provided for your convenience. We cannot accept responsibility for the content or use of third party sites.
- The Resort has a zero tolerance policy in which it will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in the Resort or may remove a person who: while on the premises of the Resort acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy Resort property, or causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance; or refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services or is visibly ill and found to be contravening Covid protocols.
- Whistling Woodzs Resort may limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest unit in the Resort and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities.
- A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the Resort or any furniture or furnishings within the Resort, shall be liable for damages sustained by the Resort staff, including the Resort’s loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent or lease units while the damage is being repaired.
- Any legal matter shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Dharwad (Karnataka)
THE RESORT’S MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, OR ALTER OR AMEND ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RULES AND MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO BE UPDATED ON THE WEBSITE